Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Path in the Wilderness

August 1991. Rome, Italy
"Morning prayer: On God's choice of Israel in Deuteronomy, realized how God's chosen me as a human being, as a Christian, as a Jesuit priest. Then how He's chosen every person to whom He's given existence. Looked at people on the bus with new eyes of appreciation. How precious each is, not just anonymous strangers. Before Mass, lay on my bed and appreciated Mary's picture above my bed as I listened to music that applies so well to her.

"In the past ten days, God has called me to take refuge and dwell in the pure grace of His election and sonship rather than any "works righteousness." Over the Feast of the Assumption, went to Arezzo and Cortona and God in His mercy, through Mary's intercession and many saints, has delivered Russia from slavery!

"As Paul sees Jesus having opened a path through the cosmic heavens between us and God, I see the same path through my own psychic space, where He opens a path through abiding in faith. Past all the demons of guilt, toxic shame, subjective perceptions, bodily weariness and creaturely misery. Yes, Jesus, you reign as King, even when the noon-day devil tries to suffocate my soul."

No comments:

Post a Comment