Sunday, July 27, 2014

Now You Are Home

                                                             
Sunday Morning Meditation
March 1978

"I simply placed myself before this Lord, as John did in Revelation, to admire Him and recount His titles and be deepened in my convictions that He is Lord of All and that all that matters is that I belong to Him and want to give my all to follow Him and help Him establish the Father's Kingdom in new hearts.

"Quiet and solid prayer. Told Him that I desired love for Him, lest my service be sort of abstract, the service of men of reason (SpEx #96) who've seen that He is All just rationally. I want and need greater love for Him, so my service will be filled with this passion and reverence and imitation.

"I see two things presently that help me attain this Love:

  1. The matter of the Contemplatio. Seeing all the incredible riches He has heaped on me with no other reason than to give me Himself and, in Him, all.
  2. His redeeming me. His going down into death to rescue me from the death and helplessness of my sin; His constant mercy in loving me even all these years I've belonged so much to myself and not to Him; His forgiveness in putting it all behind us, as with the Apostles after the Resurrection, and offering still deeper gifts, wanting me to have Peace and no fear.
"Finally, I begged the Lord to make permanent in my being the beauty and truth of what I perceived and felt and knew in this prayer...that He took me gently and permanently into His Trinitarian Family. He was saying,
'Now, you are home. Stay and live with us; enjoy our love; share our Mission.;'"

No comments:

Post a Comment