Thursday, July 17, 2014

God Sustains Us Even As We Deny Him

Good Friday, April 17, 1992
Monserrat, Spain

"I arrived at Montserrat this morning. Lost my direction sheet. As usual, the Lord asked me to relax and let Him be my guide, as He is everyday. Always with some scary moments and last minute helps to remind me that I am not in control but He is...and that everything is a gift so that, receiving His guidance and goodness, I may praise and serve Him in poverty, in love and for His love. 

"I went one stop too far on the train and had to walk back 2 kilometers. Read the Passion in John while I waited in long lines. Hundreds in line to see the Madonna and Jesus high above the main altar. I prayed to her to place me with her Son and that the Father would place me with Him in poverty, chastity and obedience. In conformity to His life-giving Cross, in full love always. 

"After seeing the image, I prayed in the Chapel immediately behind it in which only her back is visible. Memories of Ignatius' watch at arms in this same place came back to me. I heard Jesus on the Cross say to me, 'Son, behold your Mother. Woman behold your Son.'  Jesus giving Mary and me to each other again. What a loss for her! 

"Yet she bears this dying with joy and love because she loves me though I am still such a child, such a poor sinner. Peter says, 'I don't know him,' his heart cold and gripped with fear and self-preservation...he goes to warm himself at God's creature, fire. God sustains us even as we deny Him. "

No comments:

Post a Comment