Monday, August 4, 2014

Come Close

June 19, 1990
Prague, Czechoslovakia

"Special grace at prayer time today. I went to the park with my Bible, feeling a bit unworthy of God and saying to Him in my heart, 'You see how I keep trying to be faithful to you despite my weaknesses and failures. Please say something to me now that I need to hear.'

Then I asked the Holy Spirit to guide my opening the Bible. This is what I opened to, 'And while his son was still a long way off, the Father saw him, took pity on him and ran to him, throwing his arms around him...'

This was a confirmation of the word given to me by a priest who prayed over me a few months ago and said that he felt like God the Father was saying to me, 'My son, my son, I love you. Trust in my love. Come close...'
I felt His forgiveness and tenderness and it has made the whole day lighter and easier. Thank you, Father. I know you want me to return to you often here."

No comments:

Post a Comment