Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Grace of a Deep Desire

August 7,  1980

"Reflecting on the Presentation of Jesus in the Temple and praying for the grace of a deep desire for and appreciation of the obedience and humility I see there. That is, Mary and Joseph in fulfilling so unquestioningly the Law of Moses; of God who made himself subject to it; of Simeon and Anna...

"Also appreciation for how Divine Providence who orders all things so sweetly when each person does their task in God's will. Because Mary and Joseph did this, they were confirmed and enlightened further in the mystery of their Child. Simeon and Anna's long waiting and prayers too became fruitful and confirmed for them.

"I too feel confirmed in my belief that, if I continue to simply do whatever God seems to require, He will use it to build His loving plan, perhaps for people I'll never know on this earth. Here I am, 2,000 years later, benefiting from the acts of obedience of these people who no doubt saw themselves as no more important in God's universal plan than I do...

"Jesus' submission to parents and life in Nazareth was an act of obedience to his Father, who now had Jesus' heart. In this way, Jesus makes every human and hidden action of mine a potential way of loving and obeying God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment